Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wallander

First of all, the fact that I googled "Wallander gifs" and there were only gifs of Tom Hiddleston is both sad and fantastic.

I know no one cares as much as I do.
In general, I don't expect that most people are aware of this show. It has a weird description -- a Swedish crime drama cast with British actors and produced by BBC.

What?

Here are a few fun facts about it.

  1. It did the three one-and-a-half-hour-episodes-per-series thing before Sherlock. Because it worked for them, Stephen Moffat did it with Sherlock.
  2. It was the second time Tom Hiddleston and Kenneth Branagh worked together before Hiddleston was cast in Thor, which skyrocketed his career. (Feel free to fact check that, I'm now questioning whether or not it's technically true.)
  3. Nicholas Hoult guest starred on the show, also toward the beginning of his career. 
I'm going to give this show the same caveat I gave Luther. Binge with care! It's an emotionally wrecking show. 

In a good way. 



Similar to Luther, it follows the events in one Swedish law enforcement officer's life. (But Luther isn't Swedish. It's not similar in that way.) I keep throwing out that it's set in Sweden because I think that it's intriguing, but it's not a distracting factor of the show. Every once in a while a character will have a name I'm not used to hearing, but all in all, it's a wonderful, subtle aspect of the show. 

And last, but most definitely not least, there's great news! A fourth season will be released in May after being off the air for four years. If you're wondering where you can watch this, it will premiere on Masterpiece Mystery on PBS May 8. 

After that I'm sure it will be on Netflix at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree?